- Monitoring stabilization measures, such as pressure grouting and underpinning.
- Monitoring structures for the effects of tunneling and excavating.
- Evaluating the performance of bridges, beams, and dams under load.
- Monitoring the stability of structures in landslide areas.
- Monitoring the deflection and deformation of retaining walls.
- Monitoring convergence and other movements in tunnels.
- Providing early warning of threatening deformations, allowing time for corrective action to be taken or, if necessary, for safe evacuation of the area.